Thursday, November 13, 2014

Blog Tour: Pieces of My Heart by Jamie Canosa

Title: Pieces of My Heart
Author: Jamie Canosa
Received by: Author

I’m always happy to participate in Jamie Canosa’s Blog Tours, and her new book in her Pieces series does not disappoint. I will admit, I felt it was going to be challenging to read about things to come for Jade and Caulder. Just a reminder for anyone who hasn’t read Falling to Pieces, the first book in the series, first of all, have you been under a rock? Read this book now then read the sequel because this review may have spoilers if you haven’t. Now back to Jade and Caulder, these two go through a serious grieving process and in doing so they naturally get closer. When I found out what Jamie’s next book was going to be about, I was shocked. I didn’t know how Jamie was going get her audience to adore Jade and Caulder. I knew it was a definite challenge for an author to successfully write a convincing storyline for two people so close to a unique character as Kiernan, but she did it! I adored this insightful story that could challenge me as a reader.
   
CLICK ON COVER TO BUY YOUR COPY NOW !!!
CHECK BELOW FOR MY SONG PICK FOR THIS BOOK

Summary:

Kiernan Parks settled all the scores. He finished what he set out to do and then . . . he left.

He left Jade. Heartbroken and weary. Existing one day to the next. One breath after another. The only way she knew how to move forward, forever missing a piece of her heart. Until an unexpected surprise throws her volatile life into upheaval, once more.

He left Caulder. Guilt-ridden and grieving. Fighting to hold it all together. Not just for himself, but for the people he cares about. Staggering under the weight of his obligations.

He left them alone.

He left them together.

Jade was someone I thought I knew completely after the first book, but Jamie brought plenty of new surprises. Jade was someone who I rooted for to succeed in the first book, in this book she became someone who I felt was an enabler when it came to her alcoholic mother. But then after Jades layers thinned out I realized the determination in Jade, I didn’t see her as weak, even though sadly she sees herself this way. I saw a young woman with a big heart that saw only the best in the close people around her. It made me think about all the people who have a harmful addiction and don’t have people in their lives like Jade. But people like Jade also need to be told they are extraordinary and that they matter. Because a lot of times they don’t get this from the people they might be trying to help.

Jade goes through tons in Pieces of My Heart. She has to come to terms with even considering the idea of a relationship with Caulder, the brother of Kiernan. She was just discovering her strengths before Kiernan passed and like the book title states she falls completely to pieces. Readers will be able to identify with the idea of falling apart and having to rebuild your life. In life it happens more often than expected, no matter if you’re grieving, examining your future, or failure. Life happens and you have to figure out a way to go on living in it. This is what Jade deals with, along with Caulder.

I was excited to learn more about Caulder this time around. I loved the storyline between him and his father. It was unexpected tension that served as a great surprise to Caulder’s character. His decisions about his future were also refreshing. His discussions about his choices with Jade gave him a lot of life. Jade came through as always with support and while doing this their increasing closeness became believable.

I have to say that Jamie gave Caulder the best dialogue possible. He speaks with such certainty and determination towards Jade. He’s either pleading his intentions to her, telling her how unreasonable she is our revealing the true picture she has at home with her mother. While reading I saw him as her Jiminy Cricket, her conscience willing her to the right path.

Pieces of my Heart is a remarkable tribute to Kiernan and the two people he loved most in his life. If Kiernan had survived I do believe that he and Jade would be together but life isn’t perfect. It’s messy and unpredictable, Pieces of My Heart shows having expectations for people in life doesn’t always pan out and when faced with the unlikely, you should at least consider it because it may have the best outcome you could have ever managed. But you still have to take the leap.



MY SONG PICK
I picked this song because it speaks to the very moment that Jade and Caulder new things were changing between them. They struggle with the guilt, and their undeniable  feelings for each other. But the bottom line is they each start to find out far more about each other for the better.  





ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Jamie Canosa is a full time author of YA literature, which she absolutely loves. When she’s not writing or spending time with her family, she can usually be found with her nose in a book. She currently resides in Ravena, NY with her wonderful husband and three crazy kids . . . plus the cats, the bird and the rabbit.




  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.