Monday, March 3, 2014

My First Attempt at Self Publishing!

So yeah… I’ve not exactly been posting many reviews or song recommendations lately. I have many reasons but the main one is that I have been working on my own self-publishing venture. It’s nothing too big, a book of short stories that I hold very close to my heart. I thought this would be a good way to test my writing with audiences. Why short stories you ask? Well the purpose of writing these stories was never to enter them into any contest, but rather share them I suppose with people who may appreciate a small work of fiction.

People are busy these days and I figured a short story between a break at work or a waiting office would be a nice escape in this busy world. I’ve decided to categorize my little book that hopefully can as New Adult, even though there is a lovely story of two high school aged characters that I think teens will love too.

I’m currently in the final edit of my book that I will share with you in just a moment and if I can get my ducks in a row and enough people interested I will have a blog tour with a giveaway.  My release
date will be April 1st if all goes well. It’s been a lot of hard work since I’m doing it all on my own, with the exception of some awesome friends and their valued and professional opinions. But I think my experience as a blogger and book reviewer has helped a great deal.

Now for the big reveal, the official title, book cover and book blurb. I give you Heart Tales by me, Celine Garcia! Hee, hee.





Three charming tales of that never ending rollercoaster called life, each one sure to pack a sweet punch of candy for the heart. One story involves a girl and a mystery box with handwritten song lyrics. The second follows a guy on the road with memories of the girl that got away, and finally a teen girl who can actually speak to the source of her angst…her heart.    


Audio Frequency

Geraldine works the counter at Audio Frequency, a small music store that was once the hub of the local music scene. The best part of her day is a little brown box that is delivered to the store with song lyrics written inside, a playful guessing game between a mystery guy who seems to totally get her. Geraldine finds she is ready to make big changes at Audio Frequency and thankfully her best friend Sam just scored her a ticket to the biggest music benefit in town. Geraldine may get everything she wants when she discovers that her mystery guy may be at the event.
A sweet little story about friendship, expectations, and the leaps that must be made to take the love you want.

Legal U Turn

Gwen and Dean share an awkward drive home for their first college break because of convenience. But with hate comes a confiding friendship that may mean more to Dean. After his true feelings slip during a trip home, his friendship with Gwen ends abruptly and they don’t speak or see each other again.

Two years later Dean finds himself driving the same route he and Gwen used to take home years ago and it’s accompanied with the best memories of Gwen. A journey filled with a fun combo of memorable road trips and not so great first impressions causes Dean to wonder, is there a possibility of rekindling one of his greatest friendships?

Heart Set on You

A funny thing happened to Ellie when she woke after her heart transplant. Her donor didn’t exactly die. Instead he stayed behind to both of their confusion and can only be seen by Ellie. Ellie is unable to make friends at school and her only confidant is her heart donor, who she coincidentally nicknames Heart. After thinking she would always be socially challenged, she comes across someone who could change everything. Can this new someone help free Ellie and Heart from their bond? Or will new feelings arise that neither of them expected?


A unique story that reveals how friends can compliment and challenge each other told with fun sarcastic humor and heart.



Isn’t it pretty? And another special surprise, I will be posting a special playlist each week for each story, also the prizes I will be giving away for the giveaway. Music always has a special place in my heart when it comes to writing and inspiration so I have to include it of course. I will be getting a form together soon for blog tour sign ups and will post when my final draft is done, which will be very soon. If anyone is interested in reviewing my little book then shoot me an email. I haven’t decided how many days I want to include in the tour yet but I will post that as well once decided. I've also set up a special board on Pinterest to show my inspiration for Heart Tales, along with other fun stuff I've written and my personal pinfics. If you don't know, a pinfic is a 500 character story for a picture on Pinterest. A story written in only 500 characters is pretty challenging but a lot of fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.