Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Song of the Week!

Oh how I love this song! When listening to 'The Artist' by Shelby Earl, I can't help but laugh when the chorus pops up. This is a love song about someone else's ego that captures the essence of "You're So Vain," by Carly Simon, but maybe a bit more peppier. It has a fun retro beach vibe and I think the flow of each lyric is smart because it's a surprise. 

"I remember when you used to share the, mirror."
&
"I'll make the bed while you're off to shoot the moon."

These are my favorite lines of this song. If you like this song you may want to check Shelby Earl's other song 'Swift Arrows', it's a hauntingly good song with tragedy written all over that sucker. It actually inspired a story I plan to write in the future. Listen, enjoy, and comeback. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.