Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Song of The Week: A Valentine Selection for Cover Month

Because of the Valentine’s Day holiday I thought this song was a good choice. These are two great covers of ‘You’re The One That I Want’ from both a male and female perspective. I own both and listen to them often. I favor The Lennings cover more only because of the simplicity of the approach the band took. It’s a heartfelt plea to the object of someone’s affection. I think I love Angus & Julia Stone’s live version of the song rather than the recorded one. Julia’s voice has more angst and she seems to play with the lyrics. Both bands make this song simply adorable. The original song is more fun and when listening to it you can’t help but think of the musical number. For me these two versions reinvent the song creating something different and new. Take a listen and think of your Valentine. Yeah, I sound all mushy but hey that’s the romantic in me. LOL!   










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.