Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Song of The Week: A Memorable Beatles Cover

Anyone that knows me personally knows that I am a huge fan of The Voice. So I had to include this cover because it’s the one that sold me on the artist Juliet Simms. If I could sing I would want a voice hands down like hers. She sang ‘Oh! Darling’ for her audition and Adam Levine’s reaction to her singing was hysterical but I honestly felt the same way when I heard her singing this song. If I listen to a song and the vocalist has tiny imperfections that cause it to break and sound gritty I will listen to it over and over again. I wait for those little heartbreaking moments in the song. Like in the song ‘The Story’ by Brandi Carlile when her voice breaks at 2 minutes 52 seconds into the song, (yeah I know the exact time) I anticipate those moments when listening to a song like this. Don’t get me wrong I love The Beatles original ‘Oh! Darling’ and love both versions in different ways but I want to get up and sing Juliet Simms’ version.


This is the full clip so you can stop the video at 1:50.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.