Thursday, November 1, 2012

Song/Video Of The Week!



Okay so I am a sincere Buddy Holly fan. All songs that he sings are timeless little love stories that speak to me. Last year Rave On Buddy Holly, a tribute album, came out with a lot of great covers from artists of today that you wouldn’t expect. I mean Cee Lo Green even does a cover of (You're So Square) Baby I don't Care that I blare in my car while tapping the steering wheel. I love a good cover song because it showcases an artist to a new audience. Not that Buddy Holly is a stranger to any one who listens to music but you get to meet him again.

I am only featuring this album because I don’t think too many people know about it. So I am here to share it with you. My favorite song from Rave On Buddy Holly is ‘Maybe Baby’ because of Justin Townes Earle's vocals. He puts a fantastic swag on the song that creates a sense of longing. Take a listen and see if this song tempts you to want to listen to more.


FOR MORE INFO ABOUT RAVE ON BUDDY HOLLY OR FUN FACTS ABOUT THE SINGER CLICK ON THE ALBUM COVER.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.