Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Finale: A Perfect Ending from Becca Fitzpatrick


So I’m still shocked when I find someone who has not heard of or read The Hush, Hush series from Becca Fitzpatrick. It’s a bit edgier then any of the other angel genre's that I've read so far that are currently on the shelves. But I could just be bias because it’s one of my favorite series. What captivated me about the first book was the cover. I love photography and especially in black and white, so when I saw what appeared to be an angel falling from the sky I had to read the summary and was sold on the whole concept.

Becca Fitzpatrick’s characters are very intricate pieces in her master puzzle of twists and plots throughout her entire series. Finale is no exception, leaving you with and ending that I have no doubt fans will be very pleased with. I think Patch and Nora’s last words will be forever embedded as the platinum mark on the entire series. Patch and Nora are never overly sappy, they’re that couple that like to keep to themselves and have their own secrets and if anyone gets in the way of that they’ll just punch you in the face. There the cool couple that are usually pretty untypical. What I like most about the series is that Fitzpatrick never over dramatizes her characters to the point of an eye roll. There is always a sense of seriousness to their conquest of being together. Especially with anyone who befriends them along the way. They have the best and most unpredictable back up in Finale.

CLICK ON COVER FOR MORE AUTHOR INFO
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MY SONG PICK FOR THIS BOOK




 Summary:

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilium that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.

Nora has always been pretty consistent throughout the series for me, but in Finale she is very impressive. She is now the leader of the Nephilium and is faced with the task of destroying all fallen angels, including Patch. No need to worry she has a plan, or a few I might say. Nora’s defiance is what I enjoyed most. She does not shy away from anything when it comes to what she wants. She also gets a bit obsessed with her task and walks a fine line that I was not expecting. Fitzpatrick really allowed Nora to be vulnerable and yet still fierce. I would say that Nora’s biggest feat in Finale was herself. She goes through A LOT in this final chapter.

Patch thank goodness has not changed a bit. He’s always a man of many resources and never shies away from telling Nora exactly how he feels about her. I think if anything Patch struggles with letting Nora go on her own a bit. In the past he’s been very used to protecting Nora, but this time she displays a certain strength that I felt was needed and glad that Fitzpatrick waited up until now to display it. Patch has the most sincere and heart felt ending to his story that I actually forgot was an issue for him. It had a very Ahhh factor.

There are so many savory moments in Finale. I’d love to discuss them all but do not want to spoil this epic story. I will say the feather scene was nail biting, the Halloween party was oh so good, and the moment when Patch and Nora are hanging by a thread when having a discussion about their possible end is Patch’s shining grace moment. There were trunk loads of surprises with characters like Vee, Scott and Miranda. Vee is more fun then ever to read this time around and Scott proves just how worthy of a friend he is to Nora.

I was impressed by all of the storylines and the mapping that must have been in Becca Fitzpatrick’s mind and as a fan I can’t wait to see what new project's she has in store next. This is a fantastic series that has great characters that are not predictable. They come out of each book with black eyes and battle scars and carry that with them and convey those experiences to the readers. Becca Fitzpatrick never disappoints with her ability to give her readers a ride full of romance, tragedy, drama, and a few bashful giggles along the way with her series that has sadly come to an end.

4 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hated how this book ended! I expected more, but i guess not... I still don't understand>( WTF will happen to patch and nora in the FUTURE!!! I mean what will happen if nora gets preggers, or something dramatic happens? no one knows! Grrr.. it dosent even tell what happened after you know what...it just had to end. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your frustration. Patch & Nora are just so epic and fans will always want more. But we still have the movie to look forward too. Maybe they'll add something extra for fans that want more. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't read your review because I still need to read Silence but I am so glad you liked it! It gives me lots of hope on what I will think. I am really looking forward to finally catching up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is coming out with a book called "Black Ice". I got a chance to meet her and she gave me an advanced readers copy, so i got to read it before it was published. I'm not sure if t's out yet, but keep an eye out for it, it was good.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.